Monday, June 20, 2011

Meet me at Pacific Beach...

That's the line of a song Drew is writing, and I'm pretty sure it's inspiration lies in San Diego. Man, do we love that place! There's so much to do, the weather is fantastic, and even though I've never been a water baby I can still manage to make a day at the beach awesome with just my swimsuit (okay, my tanning suit) and a little sunscreen. Though I will surprise you this time, I actually made it into the water. I know, I know - but there are pictures to prove it. :)

We took this little impromptu trip as a means of celebrating Drew's birthday. He and Brent (of Iowa City and Hawkeye fame) share a May birthday, and we're lucky that Brent's condo in San Diego is currently occupied by some of our other college friends, Greg and Cat. So it's just a big ol' ball of fun when we head there since we already know a gang of people, who already know the lay of the land. Nothing could be better (except maybe when you throw in Kelsey, Brent's girlfriend, to the mix - that could, and did, make it even better). :)

We spent the week on the beach, the boys surfing, eating out, and making some fantastic kabobs at home, building a bonfire on the beach and enjoying s'mores (Drew and I have perfected an excellent s'more making assembly line), hiking at Torrey Pines, and even going to Disneyland. Yup, I said Disneyland. And Drew and Brent even got matching "It's my birthday" pins. But no, no discounts. Geeze...

I haven't touched any of those photos up at all, which I probably will just a tad, but they're still enjoyable all the same.

















No comments:

Post a Comment