Monday, May 6, 2013

Hawaii and a New House

While some of you think that this post title means we went to Hawaii and decided to stay there forever, others (like those who helped us move everything we own) know that we recently purchased and moved into a new home in Golden, CO - mere days after returning from our Hawaii trip. 

In all honesty, I'd be fine with either scenario - a life in Hawaii, or a life in Golden.  But they couldn't be more different.  We returned from sunny, 80 degree Hawaii to snowy, 20 degree Golden.  Not. Even. Kidding.  I thought we'd left our snow jackets behind (and we did in a sense, since they were all packed for the move already).  But let's back track a bit.

Hawaii deserves its own post, or two.  In keeping with our Yosemite chronicles, maybe every day (at least on the trail) deserves its own post.  I'll be real with everyone - I didn't take pictures of everything.  I thought I would.  But no, you won't be graced with pictures of either of us in a swim suit (lucky you!) or on the beach (sand + camera = not a great idea).  But I did get sun, sand, cliffs, cliffs, more cliffs, helicopter views, and a luau.   And now that I write this, I'm questioning why I thought it was safer to handle a camera around a cliff than it was a beach.  Faulty logic, I guess. 

Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment