Sunday, November 18, 2012

Two posts in one month! :)

I told you we had a little catching up to do.  Drew is outside washing the truck in this seasonably warm November weather, and I've had my fill of reading/catnapping on the front porch in the sun.  Time to share a little bit of what I left out last week in my monster post.

Back in late September we decided to take a last minute weekend camping trip up into the mountains and catch the prime colors in the aspen trees.  We chose a good weekend (not that it was balmy, especially at night and in the morning, but nice and clear and crisp) and the weekend after it snowed!  Talk about good timing.

We camped near Leadville at Turquoise Lake and then day hopped over to Twin Lakes.  Dad says Twin Lakes is where Jason and I ate fish cheeks (eww) but I can't remember much about the lake or the campsite.  The fish cheeks?  Yes, I remember those.  :)

Check out our adventure!  (And two videos of Loui being a weird dog - apparently he doesn't like sandy dummies...)



 (Our very own beach - after canoeing across the smaller Twin Lake.)









(I love how Loui looks when his fur is wet...and those very intense eyes!)

(Almost caught one with some mighty pull!)


(How Loui suffers through the canoe ride - his favorite part of any boat ride is the end.)





No comments:

Post a Comment