Thursday, March 3, 2011

Liam's Countdown...

It's March, everyone! The sun is shining here in Denver and I've dusted off the running shoes so Loui and I can enjoy the beautiful weather. They say March comes in like a lion, and out like a lamb. If what I know about Denver rings true, though, we'll come in like a lamb and skate out on snow and ice like a lion...Denver is just backwards sometimes!

"In like a lion", though - that really makes me think of one little boy's journey here in the first few days of the month. "Out like a lamb" is what I'd love to see on the other side, too. Of course, this little one is Liam, my good friend Dawn's little boy who has battled a rare form of cancer for the last several months. He's set for surgery on March 9th, coincidentally his first birthday, too.

The hope is that this surgery will remove the remainder of a tumor that has dogged this little one since Thanksgiving and kept him from some of those timeless benchmarks of the first year - crawling, walking, etc. Please check out their full story at http://briananddawnfudge.blogspot.com and keep them in your thoughts this month!

No comments:

Post a Comment